Radically Christian Cafe Post New Topic  Post A Reply

my profile | directory

| search | faq | recent topics | forum index

next oldest topic   next newest topic
R C Cafe » House Church » Beginnings or "Startups" » Reflection about what House Church is and is not
 - Email this page to someone.    
Author Reflection about what House Church is and is not
Benoit17
      Edmonton, Canada

- posted      Profile for Benoit17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, do not view the following as a "statement of faith", but rather, see if the Holy Spirit makes use of those verses to feed His version of the House Church.

Verses to help knowing what the House Church is not:

Mt 8, 19-20
Then a certain scribe came and said to Him, “Teacher, I will follow You wherever You go.”
And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."

Jn 18, 36
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

1Pe 2, 11-12
Beloved, I beg you as SOJOURNERS and PILGRIMS...
...abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.

As seen in those verses, the Church where God is Housed does not have a specific address on earth.

Now, verses to help knowing the Church in which God is being Housed:

Col 3, 1-4
If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

Heb 12, 22-29
But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.
See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.” Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire.

1 Cor 6, 19-20
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Eph 2, 19-22
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Of course, as previously stated in the conversation about "House Church Statement of Faith", all of scriptures are part of the manifestation of the Church that Houses God.

In my experience, the whole letter to the Hebrews is an ongoing blits of the Heavenly reality we are given in Christ-Jesus, as well as most of Paul writings.

We need to remember that currently, the treasure of eternal life is restricted by the earthen vessels that are our physical bodies.
Until the return of Christ on earth, the Kingdom of Heaven is confined to the invisible, divine nature.
Charity, the one Faith and Hope become visible by the manifestation of love we have for one another. This sanctified love lives on because God loves us first, personally and communally.
As we grow within this order of Heavenly love, God is being Housed in each and all of our Being-Having-Doing in Him, by Him and for Him.

Such is a witnessing glimpse of the House Church we are grown to be assembled into, by the complicity of God Himself, Father, Son and Holy Spirit...

...Halleluyah...

Eph 3, 14-21
For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

-- Please Father, raise us up to grow strong spiritually by Your joy and to find our joy in Your pleasure, so that Your Church may shine brightly and victoriously forth Your Housing on earth, amidst this world of darkness that we are stuck into until Jesus returns...Amen to Your Yes in us all...

--------------------
...all blessings be with us all...
Benoit Couture

Quick Reply

Formatting Code

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Hop To:

contact us | housechurch.org | privacy policy