my profile | directory

| search | faq | recent topics | forum index

next oldest topic   next newest topic
R C Cafe » House Church » Family & Children » Children on loan from the Father
 - Email this page to someone.    
Author Children on loan from the Father
D Anderson
      Bristol, TN USA

- posted      Profile for D Anderson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charity does began at home, they say. But how true it is that those of ones own house can become enemies.

Yesterday at our meeting, the sad account of Cain and Abel was read from Genesis 4 ...

My own children have entered adulthood except two daughters, who are at this point, also serving our Lord.

I am going to attempt in the future to live toward them all as if I had a very short time to live upon this earth. This plan will hopefully put things into an eternal perspective. And hopefully, the little things which can get blown up will be seen as to what they really are - little things.

May God help me.

chubbena
      canada

- posted      Profile for chubbena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sons of Aaron.
The sons of Eli.
The sons of Gideon.
The sons of various kings of Judah.
There seems to be no guarantee.
One thing I do notice is, the mother was frequently mentioned - whether the boy was good or not. Something to do with upbringing I guess.

--------------------
My Father speaks to me in OT too and I see Him everyday.

Eddie
      Oklahoma City

- posted      Profile for Eddie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without making a complicated survey of all those characters you mention, chubbena, I would tend to agree. However, I suspect a critical element in the failed fathers would be exactly what D mentioned, something about that eternal perspective. I seem to recall in general those fathers overly concerned about what they could have on this plane of existence were the ones who produced worldly children. Those who remained willing to sacrifice inspired better behavior in their progeny.
JeffL
      Virginia U.S.A.

- posted      Profile for JeffL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parents have a divine responsibility to raise their children in obedience, not only to themselves, but to the Lord. Problems arise when we try to force the will rather than guide it or when we are too removed from our children. A child must be raised as the Lord raises us. They must learn to obey us from a disposition of love rather than stern rules. Oh, rules are necessary, with their consequences, and the parent must be firm, but we must cultivate in our children the desire to obey out of love rather than a fear of punishment. This is the Lord's way.

--------------------
"Iniquitas mentita est sibi"

Quick Reply

Formatting Code

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Hop To:

contact us | housechurch.org | privacy policy