Radically Christian Cafe Post New Topic  Post A Reply

my profile | directory

| search | faq | recent topics | forum index

next oldest topic   next newest topic
R C Cafe » House Church » Interactive Meetings » church for believers only?
 - Email this page to someone.    
Author church for believers only?
forwarded

- posted      Profile for forwarded     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From scripture it appears that house churches were largely for believers.  I have a great desire to see the lost to come to Jesus. Would it be inappropriate or unscriptural to invite unbelievers to the house church?

forwarded from Johnny S from his iPhone.

Ronomundo
      Arkansas - USA

- posted      Profile for Ronomundo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fellowships of believers are for believers. An outreach effort is a different mode of ministry from that of a fellowship as I see it.

In my outreach efforts to the lost, I am constantly asking and answering questions. Before inviting them to a home based church, it is best that they have already become a believer and now want to learn how to become a maturing Christian.

1. They meet the established believers and are introduced as a new believer, a returning believer as they have come from another fellowship, another church or had not been attending any fellowship they were graphed into.

2. They come to get to know the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

3. They learn how to pray for their own needs.

4. They learn how to study God's Word for their own needs.

5. They learn how to communicate with other believers within the group.

6. They learn how to put on the full armor of the Lord so they can stand against the wiles and darts of the enemy, who immediately comes after them to either neutralize them or get them to turn back.

7. They learn how to pray for others.

8. They learn how to receive ministry from others within the group.

9. They learn how to identify their gifts and which are relevant to the group, which are relevant to their family and those relevant to their extended contacts.

10. They learn how to present the plan of salvation to family members, then friends and then to associates and finally to strangers.

11. They learn how to give specific ministry to others within their group from the talent or talents they bring to the group.

12. They learn how to detect a need for Christ from someone outside the fellowship.

13. As the group grows and prospers in the Word and by the Walk, they learn that eventually they will either become a support member of their founding group or another home church group which was the result of growth and maturity.

14. The goal is not to build any church buildings at all. It is not to pay huge salaries to pastors. Pastors support themselves and do not live off the people. Remember, Paul made tents for a living. There are ways to make a nominal living in a multi-home church setting that is growing and prospering but that is not the end goal.

15. The fellowship does not incorporate for that puts the believers under the government, not directly under God. The day is soon coming when the only churches who are permitted are government approved churches. Jesus was clear about giving to Caesar what was Caesar's and to God what was God's. He did not say to give anything to Caesar that belonged to God.

16. As to offerings, I will address that in two ways. What should be given in another forum topic and how funds should be housed and distributed.

17. The making of believers comes from going out to the highways and byways and compelling them to believe, then follow Christ. We have them meet with believers than after they become one, we invite them to one fellowship or another. We have multiple groups at different times and places.

--------------------
Ron Bartels, Ph.D.

Quick Reply

Formatting Code

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Hop To:

contact us | housechurch.org | privacy policy