Radically Christian Cafe Post New Topic  Post A Reply

my profile | directory

| search | faq | recent topics | forum index

next oldest topic   next newest topic
R C Cafe » House Church » Interviews & Inquiries » Dan Beaty: Looking for positive trends
 - Email this page to someone.    
Author Dan Beaty: Looking for positive trends
Dan Beaty
      Columbus, Ohio

- posted      Profile for Dan Beaty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After over ten years of "doing house church," we have become a bit weary of controversy, both locally and in our efforts to network with other house churching Christians.

How about getting an EXTREMELY lively thread going about the wonderful works of God among His people, specifically among simple gatherings of believers who see Him calling us back to the kind of church life Jesus Himself initiated 2,000 years ago?

It would be great if I could get the ball rolling myself, but things are a bit slow here, as we recover from the last wave of controversy that has visited us.

What to y'all say?

Dan and Brenda Beaty

D Anderson
      Bristol, TN USA

- posted      Profile for D Anderson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brother Dan, your choice of words: "looking for positive trends" so perfectly summarizes your attitude, your work, and your life. Thank you for allowing me and us to informally "interview" you over the coming weeks. Your subject line is a fine stepping off point, if you don't mind, and I'm certain that in the course of this "interview" we'll be returning over and over to the "positive trends" and "wonderful works" which you have directed our attention to.

Of Him, through Him and to Him are all things - that's why we seek to be positive and Christ-glorifying as we sojourn together. It's all HIS and if He be for us, who can be against us? How can we not be full of unspeakable joy?

Folks, Dan Beaty, is one of my dearest friends and mentors. He is a husband and a father, too. He's a writer, tent-making missionary, photographer, builder, world traveller, internet publisher, awesome encourager, and resident of Columbus, OH. In short - a real Jesus man.

Dan's perspective on the house church community is very keen, having been a part of it for many years - both in cyber-space and around the town.

Dan, this is an honor for us all to put some words down which I know will cheer others along the pathway of Life. Please tell us, first, how and when you became of follower of the Lamb, and perhaps, about your childhood.

You others, fell free to participate, too. Warning: Dan's a very modest guy. We'll likely have to tie him down to get some of the best information.

Over to you, brother...

Quick Reply

Formatting Code

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Hop To:

contact us | housechurch.org | privacy policy