Radically Christian Cafe Post New Topic  Post A Reply

my profile | directory

| search | faq | recent topics | forum index

next oldest topic   next newest topic
R C Cafe » House Church » Memorable Meetings » The beauty of children in interactive meetings
 - Email this page to someone.    
Author The beauty of children in interactive meetings
JeanneH
      Superior Colorado

- posted      Profile for JeanneH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A wonderful thing happened in our meeting/fellowship last night. We are studying 2 Peter and last week we were talking about God's promises. At one point we were all trying to recall an old hymn about God's promises that we all kind of remembered but nobody really knew. My 2nd daughter who is 13 spoke up and said that she would write a song about God's promises for the next week. This is our quietest child who despite being incredibly musical, resists performing in any way. Sure enough, by this week she had written a song with chorus and even a bridge! The words are wonderful- including words from a few different verses that different people had brought up the week before, and she played her guitar and led us all in singing it last night.

I know that my daughter learned more about God, and connected to His promises in a more intimate way than she could have from hearing even the best sermon on the topic.

Praise God for the example of interactive meetings in His word! What a joy that we serve a relational an interactive God!!!

--------------------
Jeanne

Matthew

- posted      Profile for Matthew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeanneH,
I have worked with children since I was 14 years old. If I have one regret, it is the fact that I didn't let the children teach me more.

The truth is, you can study The Bible all of your life and miss The Real Message because of Its simplicity. For some reason, children seem to "get It" really easily. [Big Grin]

Be blessed,
Matthew

JeanneH
      Superior Colorado

- posted      Profile for JeanneH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I deffinately agree Mathew! I have said before how great it has been for our kids these last 2 years of interactive church, but the input from the kids has been as much of a blessing for us adults as well!!!

--------------------
Jeanne

Matthew

- posted      Profile for Matthew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, Jesus said it best...

Mark 9:35-37
  • And Jesus sat down, and called the twelve, and said unto them, "If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all."

And He took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when He had taken him in His arms, He said unto them, "Whosoever shall receive one of such child in My name, receives Me: and whosoever shall receive Me, receives not Me, but Him that sent Me."

-

Be blessed,
Matthew

Quick Reply

Formatting Code

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Hop To:

contact us | housechurch.org | privacy policy