Radically Christian Cafe Post New Topic  Post A Reply

my profile | directory

| search | faq | recent topics | forum index

next oldest topic   next newest topic
R C Cafe » House Church » Resources for House Churchers » The Community of the King
 - Email this page to someone.    
Author The Community of the King
Dan Beaty
      Columbus, Ohio

- posted      Profile for Dan Beaty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend shared with me his copy of "The Community of the King," by Howard Snyder years ago. I was personally encouraged and it helped to shape my vision of what God was doing among us in House Church.

From childhood I always struggled with the idea that we must passively wait for some great day in the "sweet bye and bye." When God began to make His Kingdom a present reality to me, I realized that He was already in the process of accomplishing His will in the earth.

This book helped me to connect our daily life in the Body of Christ with that great future He has planned, but also our part in that plan. Yesterday I received an encouraging email from a brother in India. He visited our HC back in 1998 while on a 6 month course at OSU.

Upon returning home, he started meetings in his home, which to this date has led to the starting of about 8 other house churches in strategic areas all over that great land!

So let us not despise the day of small things!

--------------------
Dan Beaty
Columbus, Ohio
www.livingtruth.com

Quick Reply

Formatting Code

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Hop To:

contact us | housechurch.org | privacy policy