my profile | directory

| search | faq | recent topics | forum index

next oldest topic   next newest topic
R C Cafe » Community » Requests for Prayers » Settling out of anguish's grip
 - Email this page to someone.    
Author Settling out of anguish's grip
Benoit17
      Edmonton, Canada

- posted      Profile for Benoit17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salut to everyone from our Lord,

I received a call from 2500 miles away this week, and the call lasted over 2 hours.
It first began by my receiving an emial from someone who got to know me through my participation into Value-Netwoks-Analysis google group.
The group is made of individuals who are leading capitalism's renewal of industries of the Western world, reaching toward the rest of the world.

The call was from a mom of six, who received the Lord at 7 years old. She became a leader of the use of thecnology's new tools amongst 500 forunes companies, until the Lord called her to home life, to raise her family.

I am leaving her name out on purpose because I am of the opinion that the prayer that our interaction is raising, is a prayer that fits the home life of God's people on earth, universally, as of now, in the immediate tense of being-having-doing in the deploying of His Ministry of Reconciliation through the House Church movement.

The first universal blessing was to given to Abraham saying that all families of the earth will be blessed.

This is a prayer request from the breathing core of Christ's Body on earth, asking for God's immediate response to humanity, to feed us with the bread of life within and between husbands and wives and between parents and children...

Her last few years have been years of deep struggles, now turned into anguish, and so have the last few years of sanctified feminity in general, wich is the Church preparing for our Lord's return.

The long story short, she, her family and the Church at large are called and shaken to the deepest and most stable prayer life ever, until that which is unshakable remains.

Husband and wives are the core of love and truth's generating, providing vitality at the core of either human dysfunction or at the core of blessed functionality.

Such a State of Prayer is what I ask us to seek out until we see its answer coming through from our Lord's rising in our midst, as well as my caller from 2500 miles away, whom I may never meet face to face and yet, with whom I share a contact of the deepest kind...

Here is what she last wrote me on Friday and what I answered to her follows:
----------------------------------------

Hi Benoit ~

Received your messages – I hear your heart. I will get back to you, promise. I am taking the weekend for quietness and prayer, time in the Word, with my children. Feeling just wrecked, frustrated and in tears, crying for all the unnecessary pain and destruction, need to release it at the Cross and restore peace.

…a people so far from their God, lost and broken, destroying eachother and everything God meant for good. Jeremiah speaks to me so deeply.

“Without Him we can do nothing.” I need to draw from the Source, plead with the Lord for His Grace, that He would intervene and move in a mighty way, that people might again draw near, our only hope.

You will find as our friendship grows that my heart is very tender. It has been trampled the past few years, with this trial with my husband, and especially coming from the one that I trusted with so much, but I still feel the Savior’s heartbeat and long for His comfort right now.

Kari Jobe, a young worship leader at Gateway Church in Texas, formerly at Christ for the National International, sings my heart, my cry. Invites me into worship, a place where I can really commune with Him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blnfOA7Uqqo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2zEmtZS6zk&feature=related

I so need to worship, sing, cry to the Lord, magnify His Name – sometimes I feel like if He doesn’t move and open gates for this fire in my heart to find release, I will be consumed. That is what I feel today - like I will be consumed.

“Our God is a consuming fire.”

Perhaps our friendship will nourish and fan your flame also, and the Lord will hear our voices together, yearning for Abba Father, El Shaddai, Yeshua Messiah, His Kingdom come.

May the message that He has birthed in your heart also find glorious release, and soon,
...your sister...
-----------------------------------
...my answer:

Dear sister,

Allow me to share with you some of what I've been thaught in dealing with anguish.

It is like quick sand. The more you struggle, the more you sink. When anguish gets a hold of us, the first thing we must do is to settle out of its grip by going from being Martha to being Mary. That is what I understand you writing in your letter.

Here is a short and efficient exercise of contemplation to restore and to maintain inner peace. It is one simple way to settle out of the grip of anguish. Take the time to repeat slowly while absorbing the meaning of each word of:

"Lord Jesus-Christ, Son of God, have mercy upon me, sinner."

Lord... = Recognizing His authority above all in all!

...Jesus... = The Eternal saves!

...Christ... = The anoited One!...(...I now add...) in whom God has seated us in the heavenly places, that we may now be Anoited of the same Holy Oinment!

...Son of God... = Flesh and blood do not reveal such reality but our Father Who is in heaven!

...have mercy... = Here comes entire ministry of reconciliation being deployed along with all that it means and implies!

...upon me sinner... = By the time that the grip of anguish begins to be lifted off, so are we being lifted on from sinner's disapearance to the sainthood of His soothing and mercifyul presence!

...may all blessings be with us all...
Benoit

--------------------
...all blessings be with us all...
Benoit Couture

D Anderson
      Bristol, TN USA

- posted      Profile for D Anderson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya brother,

Only Christ can satisfy but he does use means.

Grab a serving of your favorite beverage and take a look at either of these old documents from the 1600's. See if there is not great wisdom to be found, Benoit.

http://housechurch.org/spirituality/watson_contentment.html
http://housechurch.org/spirituality/burroughs_rare_jewell_contentment.html

Lemme know. [Smile]

Lahry
      Arizona

- posted      Profile for Lahry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, oh, oh, oh. Yes, a zillion times yes. What a truth, what a blessing contentment is, not in the times when we have plenty. All are content then. But in times when it seems like death is standing at the door, there contentment is a pearl of great price. Forsaking all the things of this world and placing our total confidence that births from true and saving faith in God brings forth contentment that nothing can shake loose.

Thank you David for these two links. I will preserve them in my documents for sure. I'm only to chapter 8 in the first one. But what a blessing. I see a need for these to be re-written, not to change any content, but to present the same content in modern language with the unfamiliar terms explained.

May God bless you, good and faithful servant, for sharing this blessing. I will also post these links in my area of influence on the internet. To God be the glory, now and forever amen.

Lahry

--------------------
http://whosoeverwill.ning.com

Lahry
      Arizona

- posted      Profile for Lahry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it didn't take long for God to test my contentment. [Frown] . I didn't fare too well, sad to say. Forgive me Lord.

Lahry

--------------------

Benoit17
      Edmonton, Canada

- posted      Profile for Benoit17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you David for pointing out these treasures. Like Lahry, we are also being put through the fiery furnace. On Saturday morning, my wife was admitted to the hospital with a severe case of jaundice and liver blowding.
Day and night, while experts seek out for the right diagnosis, I am reminded of how poorly I have handled my positions of spouse and head of the family.

"Lord Jesus-Christ, Son of God, have mercy upon me sinner, and I pray that You guide my wife, Debbie, in her navigation back to health, as well as guiding us both with our children to Your joy in our midst...amen to Your Yes in us all...

--------------------
Benoit Couture

Lahry
      Arizona

Dear Bro. Benoit,
Yes and amen to your prayer. Rest it with Him Who loves us, beloved. The Bible says that "unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it." I hate laboring in vain.
But I can testify that my house now has a firm foundation by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
My wife and I of late have been watching videos by Paul Washer on YouTube. All that God has been showing us and leading us through, Paul sums up in a nice neat boquet of love from the Father in His Son Jesus by the Power of the Holy Spirit. My wife and I have heard many a preacher in our lives. Only the Lord Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul would exceed Bro. Washer, but only by a hair.
As you are waiting for your miracle, you would be fed, blessed, and encouraged in your faith by listening to Bro. Washer.
Know that you are in our prayers and we are expecting "His best" for you and your precious wife. May God richly bless your wife, in Jesus' Holy Name we ask it.

Shalom,

Lahry

--------------------

Benoit17
      Edmonton, Canada

Salut,

I thought I should let you know that since Saturday, the tests have yet to provide a diagnosis, as to why is her liver sick.
The first meeting we had with the head of the team who is working on the diagnosis was on Tuesday and he explained that the liver is not an organ that can be treated, it has to heal itself.

This falls directly into the path we have been brought by the Lord to follow for about 25 years now, namely, that by God's guidance, the body is created to heal itself.

As it stands, I, as the head of this family along with my wife Debbie, are of the opinion that this is all part of a God's written deployment, for His glory to take root and to shine forth in the midst of our marriage, family and growing community, according to Jesus prayer in John 17.

I'll keep you in touch with the development.

--------------------
Benoit Couture

JeffL
      Virginia U.S.A.

- posted      Profile for JeffL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Benoit,

Has she punctured her skin or injured herself by falling not too long ago? Has she taken something or eaten anything with mayonnaise that has been left out? Is she on a new prescription drugs which she has been taking for 1-3 months now? Does she drink alcohol daily or in excess? Does she take Tylenol regularly or often lately? Does she have blood in her stool or experience difficulty with lettuce? Does she feel bloated after eating?

You don't have to answer these questions here but think about things to tell your doctor.

Hope you find a cure soon! God has provided many things to sustain our health and many things to restore it. Synthetic drugs don't come to mind but that is typically what the doctor will prescribe.

Are you still a stay-at-home dad? How's your daughter doing?

--------------------
"Iniquitas mentita est sibi"

Benoit17
      Edmonton, Canada

Jeff,

Yes, all these questions/answers are part of the "file".
Today is biopsy day. It was supposed to be yesterday, but some mis-communication between departments derailed it at first and then they found out that her cell count would not have allowed for the test anyway. The prep for the biopsy is quite of a complicated process.

Yes, I am still with our daughter at home. She is doing fine. She is very graceful and easy going...she's a real delight to serve.

The situation is a loud wake up call to all involved.

"Have Your way Dear Lord and guide us through the steps, whatever they might turn out to be. I ask in the name of Your Son, our Creator, Savior, Lord and Brother Jesus-Christ...amen to Your Yes in us all...

--------------------
Benoit Couture

Benoit17
      Edmonton, Canada

UPDATE

The same happened today. They could not run the test again by fear of causing internal bleeding. Her blood is not clotiing fast enough.

In the meantime, our eldest son, 28, called a few minutes ago. We each have some deep healing to receive from the Lord, as well as in between the 2 of us.

"Dear Lord, thank You for the present situation with Debbie to be causing us to seek You out more fervently. Please do allow for Your completion within and in between us all, joining together with Your healing of Debbie in reaching Your inner and outer shore of victorious glory in Christ-Jesus...In His name I and we pray...amen to Your Yes in us all...

--------------------
Benoit Couture

Benoit17
      Edmonton, Canada

TRYING TO DEAL WITH THE MATTER AT HAND

This is a forum that begins from the bottom. So if interested, go to the bottom of: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lovingGod/message/673

...any thoughts...?

--------------------
Benoit Couture

Benoit17
      Edmonton, Canada

Well, now we know.

We were told that my wife Debbie needs a new liver and it cannot be done for one year.

We were told on Tuesday and since then, we find ourselves entered into the spiritual zone of eternal life where we either "swim or sink".
So far, I find it is very helpful to clear the confusion of any kind and to rest upon the only Whom, where such rest can be found.

"Dear Father in heaven, I pray that You grant us to know how to host You completly, according to the full measure of Christ that You imparted to her and I and to each of our children. Please, do allow Your glory to shine forth to reveal our unity with You and with one another, so that whatever You cause to happen regarding Debbie's health, that we remain aware of and serving Your presence,being all deeply rooted in Your joy, while being assembled into Jesus' bride...Amen to Your Yes in us all..."

--------------------
Benoit Couture

Benoit17
      Edmonton, Canada

Getting better every day!

My last entry on this thread was in September. The news have changed dramatically. Our Lord has decided to heal my wife.

When I first searched google about Watchman Nee and the Local Church several years ago, I found myself guided to visit a Chinese congregation in Edmonton, Canada.
We, my wife and I, were then given an address to go for bible studies once a week and the host was a Traditional Chinese Medicinal Herbologist, from Malasya.

Interestingly enough, one of the participants at the Tuesday meeting knew the host for 27 years, and never knew about the host's connection to herbology.

After a couple of weeks at home from the hospital, my wife was showing very little improvement. We then decided to start using the Chinese herbs from our brother and within 3 days, major improvememnts began all around.
After 2 months of combining Western and Chinese medicine, my wife is now looking at going back to work by the first of February.

We pray that whatever teaching(s) our Father wishes us to learn from that whole experience, that we may finally get it and obey as He pleases, so that we may bloom into the fulness of His all-in-all into our lives...

- Dear Father, mortality came knocking at our door and You turned it away. Thank You!
Please do guide us to Your pleasure in our life to be lived from Your oneness in Your Son Jesus-Christ...Amen to Your Yes in us all... with all of our praise and thanksgivings...

--------------------
Benoit Couture

JeffL
      Virginia U.S.A.

- posted      Profile for JeffL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear the good news. I didn't realize it was so serious.

In scriptures we are told that we will eat of the leaves of the tree of life and they shall be for the healing of the nations. And we read this about man's original diet in Eden in Genesis.

• Gen 1:29 (KJV)

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

--------------------
"Iniquitas mentita est sibi"

Gary K
      Hollywood, FL

- posted      Profile for Gary K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A year has passed. What has the outcome been? Praying!! Bless you and all who comented.

--------------------
"HELPING HANDS MOLDING BROKEN PEOPLE" www.pwfwc.org

Benoit17
      Edmonton, Canada

Thanks for asking Gary,

At her last, recent appointment, the doctor said that her liver is now completely regenerated. No sign of cirosis nor jaundice nor anything else left from the ordeal.

So as much as we have reasons to praise and to rejoice, as much are we to face up to the lessons of this ordeal.

The main lesson we must learn from this, is to deal with the spiritual recovery of the 6 individuals that we have become as a family.

30 years of miscommunication and of dysfunction add up to a lot of spiritual healing and recovery to assimilate.

I count on our Lord's voice to finally silence all of our confusion, ignorance and indifference, and to feed us within His intimacy alone with each one and blossomed amongst all, setting us free from the law of sin and death by His law of the Spirit, guiding us to live each moment in the worship that pleases the Father and that supplies us with the love for one another, which drives us into the action and truth by which the world knows that we are His..

--------------------
Benoit Couture

Quick Reply

Formatting Code

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Hop To:

contact us | housechurch.org | privacy policy