Radically Christian Cafe Post New Topic  Post A Reply

my profile | directory

| search | faq | recent topics | forum index

next oldest topic   next newest topic
R C Cafe » Lord's Day » Rest or Worship? » Seek Me! Oh Lord....
 - Email this page to someone.    
Author Seek Me! Oh Lord....
Lahry
      Arizona

- posted      Profile for Lahry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SEEK ME OH LORD….

As Debbie and I were hanging out with God this rest day (Sabbath), we were dining at the Master’s table, His Holy Bread, His Word. Oh the things He was blessing us with. We took off in the Psalms and God just overflowed in our hearts. Thank You Lord.

I could write many messages from just what God showed us. But the dessert for this banquet was and is as follows:

Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well,
use your decrees to put iron in my soul.
And should I wander off like a lost sheep—seek me!
I'll recognize the sound of your voice.

I could just stop right there and say, Selah. (Pause and carefully consider that). Selah is what we did when we read it. There came a groaning in our spirits as we read the last too lines….

“And should I wander off like a lost sheep – seek me!”

“I’ll recognize the sound of your voice”

Saints, we’ve come too far to look back. God has brought us both to a place of worship and His presence that we have never enjoyed before. Neither of us want to lose what God has brought us too and brought us through.

But in this flesh, there is always the possibility that we may get distracted, and simply wander off. So when we read what David prayed, it became our prayer too. “Seek me!” Lord, don’t abandon me. Lord, don’t leave me to my own way. Seek Me oh Lord!

Did not Jesus say that the Good Shepherd will leave the 99 to search for the one lost sheep? Yes and Amen, He surely did…..and He has…..over and over again. How many times we realized that we had caused Him to leave the others and come looking for us. Do you know how many times? That’s right. Too many to count. Oh can we really fathom the depth and riches of His love? It will take an eternity to do so, and we know the task, even then, will never be complete.

“Seek me!” “Watch over me!” “Guard me!” “Protect me!” “Oh yes, and if I should wander Lord, when you find me….rescue me!” Glory to God. Alleluia! God is just so incredibly awesome.

Oh how grateful we are for His mercy and grace, and for the gift of discernment, that we can still hear and recognize His voice. Oh Joy unspeakable.

We leave you with Him…for this message is not just for us. It is for all who love Him and are called after His purpose for His glory. Let the Holy Spirit have His way in your heart……..right now. Worship with us.

Immersed in Him,

Lahry and Debbie

--------------------
http://whosoeverwill.ning.com

Quick Reply

Formatting Code

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Hop To:

contact us | housechurch.org | privacy policy