House Church Talk - home churches & decentralization

cliffsilliman at juno.com cliffsilliman at juno.com
Thu Dec 4 17:01:50 EST 2003

This is the notes that I shared from last Sunday.
Also could use prayer as we are getting together tonight with a couple
who has mis understood us and has judged us and attacked us. We have
received the truth of what they have brought up but they did it the wrong
way and brought up things from 1 1/2 years ago that should have been
dealt with earlier. Long story but we could use prayer for wisdom and
that I will not say more than Jesus wants me to but I would say
everything that he does.
November 30, 2003
HOUSE OF PRAYER
Mat thew 21:13
13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house
of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’ ”
HOUSE:
1 Peter 2:5
5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a
holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God
through Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 3:1-6
Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the
Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,2 who was
faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His
house.3 For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses,
inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house.4 For
every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.5 And
Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony
of those things which would be spoken afterward,6 but Christ as a Son
over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and
the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.
PRAYER

1 Thessalonians 5:16-25
16 Rejoice always,17 pray without ceasing,18 in everything give thanks;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.19 Do not quench the
Spirit.20 Do not despise prophecies.21 Test all things; hold fast what is
good.22 Abstain from every form of evil.
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your
whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our
Lord Jesus Christ.24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.25
Brethren, pray for us.

PHIL 4:6 (AMPLIFIED) Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but
in every circumstance and in everything by prayer and petition (definite
requests) with thanksgiving continue to make your wants known to God

Psalm 53:2
2 God looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.

Psalm 27:8
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”

Psalm 55:16-19
16 As for me, I will call upon God,
And the Lord shall save me.
17 Evening and morning and at noon
I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice.
18 He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me,
For there were many against me.
19 God will hear, and afflict them,
Even He who abides from of old. Selah
Because they do not change,
Therefore they do not fear God.
Mat thew 18:19-20
19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning
anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in
heaven.20 “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am
there in the midst of them.”
[1]
Ephesians 6 10-18 starts with
We do not wrestle against flesh but against principalities, Powers,
rulers of darkness
Ends with
Ephesians 6:18-20
Ends with
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being
watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the
saints—19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open
my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,20 for which I am
an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to
speak.
(two theories that seem to be acceptable to God, we only bring our
requests to Him like Hudson Taylor and George Muellar)
2 Corinthians 1:8-11
8 For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which
came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength,
so that we despaired even of life.9 Yes, we had the sentence of death in
ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises
the dead,10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us;
in whom we trust that He will still deliver us,11 you also helping
together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on
our behalf for the gift granted to us through many.

House Church Talk Archive Index, Series 2.