House Church Talk - offences happen

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Fri Dec 5 13:31:00 EST 2003

>This is the notes that I shared from last Sunday.
>Also could use prayer as we are getting together tonight with a couple
>who has mis understood us and has judged us and attacked us. We have
>received the truth of what they have brought up but they did it the wrong
>way and brought up things from 1 1/2 years ago that should have been
>dealt with earlier. Long story but we could use prayer for wisdom and
>that I will not say more than Jesus wants me to but I would say
>everything that he does.

    Hi Cliff,

May our Lord grant you the wisdom of a serpent, who hides under the Rock
when attacked. The meekness and harmlessness of a dove will also go a
long way toward healing. Quite often, folks will use doctrinal issues as
an excuse for not loving one another.

I have read many glorious assertions about house churches as if they were
the big fix. The bottom line is that they are occupied by those who still
lapse into sin. Jesus was aware of this when he warned: It is impossible
but that offences will come: Luke 17:1 ff.

Thanks for your notes on the "house of prayer." Very interesting. "House
of prayer" implied mutual participation. Instead, we now have "houses of
worship" where clergy-ism mostly prevails. In the churches I was raised
in, no-one was ever called upon to pray.

    David Anderson

House Church Talk Archive Index, Series 2.