House Church Talk - The Voice Said, "THE PLANE IS GOING TO CRASH!"

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Sat Dec 6 18:26:10 EST 2003

   Hi all,

Jay is likely not a perfect model for us in many areas but that doesn't
mean that he cannot be trusted or is not a faithful servant in other
ways. I can certainly understand your contempt of the perverted ways of
many "clergy." I also witness these perversions and am saddened.

Did you notice, Ed, that when Jesus was teaching what a good Jew should
look like, he had to refer his hearers to a good Samaritan?

The apostles even encountered early disciples who didn't know of the Holy
Spirit. The apostles didn't write them off.

Perhaps Jay hasn't heard any alternatives to his particular beliefs which
may be unscriptural and offensive.

And, believe it or not, I have encountered some very humble persons who
used the title "reverend." They were living far closer to the Throne than
some (not you) arrogant house church people seem to be. I hope my
assessment is wrong about the latter group.

John Bunyan had openly criticized the Quakers. One day he found himself
in a jail cell sitting next to one ... for which he later thanked God.

Eventually, the plane - planet earth- is going to crash. We are all going
down if Jesus or death does not first intervene. Think of how friendly
and forgiving to those around us we would become if we knew we just had a
few minutes more until our doomed airliner crashed and burned.

Perhaps YOU might be the loving instrument whom God could use to show Jay
a "better way." In the mean time, don't necessarily rule out everything
he has to offer. Very few get it all right in this life.

your brother in TN,

       David Anderson

House Church Talk Archive Index, Series 2.