House Church Talk - Hearing God

Clairebnntt at aol.com Clairebnntt at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 18:34:02 EST 2003

I have questions about this whole issue myself.  There are times when I
believed the Lord was speaking to me, and sometimes it has been right and sometimes
it has been wrong.  There have been times when it has been right and I felt
like I was gritting my teeth and sitting on my hands to not say anything.  I
didn't want to be wrong and embarrass myself.  Then there were times when I was
so sure the Lord had spoken to me and it was wrong.  I think this is more
likely if there is some personal involvement in the outcome.

I believe even if a person has the gift of discernment, prophecy or word of
knowledge, we can all act in the flesh.  That is why I believe in offering all
gifts, whether teaching, prophecy etc., to the body for discernment.  We see
what has happened with these self-styled prophets, the prophecy or teaching is
not judged.

I was at a home group meeting several weeks ago, and out of the blue, I felt
the Lord said something to me.  It had nothing to do with any of the people at
the meeting, and was something I was not even thinking about.  It may be just
a goofy thought, or it may not be.  I certainly could not share it with the
person/people the word was about.  I don't know what to do at this point.

House Church Talk Archive Index, Series 2.