House Church Talk - Update?

David Miller David at innglory.org
Wed Dec 10 09:12:53 EST 2003

David Anderson wrote:
> Whatever became of the house church in Florida which
> Gene Edwards and x?x were associated with?
> Were the differences resolved?

There is some bad news and some good news concerning this.  The bad news
is that the saints in Brandon are not meeting regularly.  There are a
few families here and there that get together from time to time, but the
saints there for the most part are scattered and disjointed from one
another.  I believe that this resulted not only from the hurts caused by
some of the leadership there, but from the vacuum of leadership that
soon followed.

The good news is that less than a month ago, on November 15, 2003, I met
with Gene Edwards in Jacksonville.  Gene repented, confessed his sin and
asked for forgiveness.  More than that, he agreed to host a two day
seminar, an open meeting in Jacksonville, so that I could address his
church and workers about the problems that happened in Brandon.  The
plan is for this meeting to be open to anyone who would like to come.
In this way, we can discuss what happened, what caused it, and how to
prevent similar problems from happening in the future. Gene also offered
to come to Brandon and meet with the saints there in a similar meeting.
www.GeneEdwards.org and transferred ownership and control of the domain
name to Gene Edwards.

Last Friday night, December 5th, 2003, nine of us from the Brandon area
attended a debate at the Hyatt Hotel in Tampa between a Reformed Baptist
named James White and a Jehovah's Witness named Greg Stafford concerning
the Deity of Jesus Christ.  I spoke privately with some of those from
Brandon about the new developments.  They were very encouraged by the
news and look forward to this meeting.  So, pray that the Lord might use
such a meeting to further correct error, to heal wounds, and to bring
back the joy of fellowship that the saints of Brandon once had.  Pray
for a more vibrant testimony of the body of Christ in Brandon, Florida.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.

House Church Talk Archive Index, Series 2.