House Church Talk - Your help is needed

His Servant HisServant4evr at msn.com
Fri Dec 12 13:26:30 EST 2003

Hello,
I have a request.  I need your help.  As most of you know, I spent last summer in Northern Spain with Keith & Elaine Smith.  That was a time ordained of the Lord, that has brought great healing to me.  In the process I learned a lot about what community really is.  I personally do not know many people who really have a grasp of what community is.  Keith is a tremendous model of how community works.  I believe in house churches, but I believe the next step is to begin to work toward real community.  The kind of  community that brings healing.

To quote Keith:

"A healing community is whatever church that has especially dedicated a major part of it's ministry to the work of healing people in body, mind and spirit. Obviously, in the context of the book I am referring to House Churches, but I have seen traditional churches that adequately fit the description of Healing Communities. "

Since I have been home, I have missed that community very much.  It is my desire to see "healing communities" begin to be established in the United States.   For that reason, I would like to set up conferences for Keith in the U.S. for 2004.  I am hoping that there are many who are also interested in community that will help me with this.  This is not something that I have done before, but it is something that I know the Lord has put on my heart to do. If you would like to sponsor a conference or if you know someone who would, please let me know.

Also if you are having a house church gathering in 2004 and would like to include the topic of  healing communities feel free to contact me.

Keith is a PhD. Level psychologist who also offers an extended training course in counseling for churches and those involved in healing ministry.  This is a one month course focused on what Keith calls "Teddy Bear Therapy".  His description of  Teddy Bear Therapy is included in his book, which can be downloaded from the site below.  He is also working on a new book that will give a more in depth explanation.

For more information on the ministry of Keith & Elaine Smith go to www.castillofuerte.org or you can download a copy of his book from OFI-Europe's MSN group http://groups.msn.com/OutreachFellowshipInternational-Europe/documentos.msnw

For schedule information or more information on U.S. Conferences please contact:

Jeanne Elder

P.O. Box 9342

Pueblo, CO 81008

719-543-7359 or cell 719-671-3954

House Church Talk Archive Index, Series 2.