House Church Talk - T. Austin-Sparks

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Sat Dec 13 15:17:28 EST 2003

Hey everyone,

This is coming in way late, I know, but something won't leave my mind...

> Sparks' writing speak little of the Christ of Galilee, rather he has
> given us the resurrected and enthroned Lord. He has gone even farther
> than this, to show us the insuperable Christ who dwells within us. This
> presentation of his Lord would be enough to make Sparks' ministry unique,
> but Sparks went on to join head to body (Christ and the church). As
> surely as his spoken and written ministry exalted the Lord, so also
> Sparks called forth the almost forgotten centrality of the church. For T.
> Austin-Sparks, the two were inseparable. Nor did he speak of the church
> that most men have known and experienced."
>
> Gene Edwards (Author)
>
> http://www.austin-sparks.net/testimony.html
>
> Online Books and Articles:
> http://www.austin-sparks.net/enter.html ---

The writings of Sparks that I have read have all been encouraging to me.
Most certainly I value the ministry of those who present Jesus Christ as the
resurrected and enthroned Lord -- Who lives within us!

However,  the Jesus of Galilee is very important to us also. The apostles
and others in the early Church thought His earthly ministry important enough
to record in great detail for future generations. His humanity obviously
made a dramatic impact on them. And it should impact us as well, in a very
practical sense.

Dan Beaty
Columbus, Ohio
www.livingtruth.com

House Church Talk Archive Index, Series 2.