House Church Talk - house baptisms

R.L. Johnson rjohnson at wise.k12.va.us
Wed Dec 31 14:32:31 EST 2003

If you ask me, our church would hold meetings and baptisms in the hot tub.
:-)

This is a great topic.

While touring in Turkey, I visited an entire unground city which was built
by Christians.
On one level there was a baptismal pool which was fed by a complicated
channel of
waterways from the surface.  The believers made certain they had the ability
perform emersion baptisms.

If I had my choice between a hot tub and a spring fed creek, I would have to
go for the hot tub.

Imagine if Acts had been written in modern times.

 Acts 8:36 - And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain hot
tub: and the
eunuch said, See, here is a jacuzzi; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

RJ