House Church Talk - Life in Jesus

goodwordusa at att.net goodwordusa at att.net
Sat Nov 1 15:32:11 EST 2003

So many in the churches today are caught up in endless arguments about all
kinds of things, as though life somehow might come into us by the straining
words or efforts of men.

But life in Jesus Christ is just that -- life in Jesus.  It isn't religion or
theology or quarrels with human governments of any kind.

Life comes to us by the Spirit of God.  Without His hand of blessing, without
the gift of breath, there is no life, but just mud or rotting flesh.

In Jesus we have the gift of eternal and boundless life.  It is the "real
life" that many in our world hunger for.  And it comes to us as God's gift in
His Son, by His Son.

Like sunshine and rain, the gift of eternal life is made available to all in
Jesus.  Just hold out your hands and look up.

It is not about politics, or church government, or the appearances of serious
scholarship among men.  It's not even about HC or IC.  It is simply life
itself.

In a way, it's like water.  In the cities and supermarkets of mortal human
beings, "pure and clean" water is sold in plastic bottles for a good price
(well, it's a good price if you're the merchant).  But in the mountains of
the earth -- the mountains fashioned by God -- pure and clean water comes
rushing down the crevices of rocks, and it's free to any creature for the
taking.

So also is the spiritual life that many hunger for.  We can go to the books
and ideas and fabrications of mortal men, or we can go to the real life
already offered freely to all by the Lord of the universe.  The real life is
given to everyone who trusts in Jesus.

Water that springs up to life everlasting, bubbling up endlessly, forever and
ever, always perfect, always fresh, always alive with light and laughter and
promise, always and always and always, forever, without end.

Got Jesus and you got life.  No got Jesus and you no got life -- no matter
how much you study or struggle or argue or play the games of religion.

Thank You, Jesus.

Jim
(Isaiah 55:1,2)