House Church Talk - Re: House Church Talk Digest, Vol 2, Issue 35

Ðebbiež K @›~`~ , ~'~>~ StardustForever at webtv.net
Mon Nov 3 18:27:24 EST 2003

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
This is a note just to let all of you know that
Tom won't be posting for awhile.  My husband in the psych ward for the
twelfth time in twelve years. He was diagnosed as bi-polar with
psychotic features in 1995.  He quit taking his medication (again) some
time in Aug.  He has been agitated, and talking fast and loud and
doesn't always make sense.   I talked to him on Sunday about going back
on his meds because he has been mean to the kids, and was unreasonable
with me my birthday Oct 23.  He also talks about things that aren't rue
as if they are.  He has also been paranoid.  A few days before he was
taken to the hospital he threatened to destroy our family and move to
Mexico. I'm not sure if he means he'll really kill us, or if that is
just the brain speaking faster than it can think. On Thursday he quit
taking his medication for diabetes against the Doctors orders which is
not a good sign. Thursday evening the place where he works sent him home
early for "some reason" which he felt was unjustified.  Our daughter who
works with him there said he was acting moody and different than he
usually does at work.  To make a long story short, the sheriff picked
him up Thursday evening and took him to the hospital mental ward. I am
thinking of not letting him move back in by getting a restraining order.
Now he is calling me from the hospital saying that his throat is sore
and that he needs menthol cigarettes so sooth his throat.  He doesn't
smoke, but there are a lot of people on the ward who do.The nurse told
me to ignore that request.
Please pray for us.
ysiJ
Debbie K