House Church Talk - and the Answer is . . .

goodwordusa at att.net goodwordusa at att.net
Thu Nov 6 12:11:59 EST 2003

Good Morning Again.

When I was a lot younger, a black guy named Andre wrote a song that blessed
my heart.  I still sing it, and it still blesses my heart.  It proclaims
Jesus as the answer for the world today.

In fact, a lot of guys and gals were making really good music in those days
about Jesus.  In some ways, it was like a time of fresh awakening.  Whole
churches were being disturbed and shaken awake by the Lord Jesus.

I run into people today, as well, whose lives are being disturbed and shaken
awake by Jesus.  Not just by some theory about Jesus, but by the true and
living Lord, as He speaks and works powerfully in their lives.

I suppose most people tend to be changed forever by the things they embrace
when they are young.  Maybe not.  But as I look around at the world, and then
I see what the church (overall) keeps trying to offer the world -- and even
to each other (when and if they offer anything at all) -- I am convinced more
than ever that Jesus Himself is the answer.

Jesus is the real and only answer.  A living Lord who can dispel and conquer
demons, and even the devil himself.  A risen Savior who is able to lift us
out of the pits we get ourselves into.  A compassionate Judge who rescues
sinners and law-breakers.  A mighty King who is able to heal us and to save
those for whom we pray.

Think about it.

If all we can offer is a kind of bland, religious psychology, or an even
blander type of philosophical contemplation, then we have nothing that will
help anyone on this planet.  But if we can see Jesus (if we know Him) and if
we can point others to Him -- here and now -- then there is a real and
meaningful answer to the darkness of this age.

I know I've posted this kind of thing before.  But I'll say it again,
anyway.  Andre was right on.

Jesus is the answer for the world today.
Above Him there's no other, Jesus is the way.
Jesus is the answer for the world today.
Above Him there's no other. Jesus is the way.

"...the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining."  1
John 2:8b

Jesus said, "I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in
Me should not abide [continue] in darkness."  John 12:46

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who
follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."  John 8:12

Thank You, Father for sending us more than a new religion or theory or a new
set of rules -- more ropes to grab and hang onto.  Thank You for giving us
Yourself forever in Jesus.  Amen.

Jim