House Church Talk - Give Thanks to the Lord

goodwordusa at att.net goodwordusa at att.net
Thu Nov 27 15:49:06 EST 2003

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for
ever.  (1 Chron 16:34)

O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among
the people.
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the
judgments of his mouth..  (Psalm 105:1-5)

Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his
mercy endureth for ever.
Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD? who can shew forth all his
praise?  (Psalm 106:1 & 2)

O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of
the enemy;
And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from
the north, and from the south.
They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to
dwell in.
Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.
Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of
their distresses.
And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of
habitation.
Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful
works to the children of men!
For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with
goodness.  (Psalm 107:1-9)

O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD
endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.  (Psalm 117:1 & 2)

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for
ever.
Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a
large place.
The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.  (Psalm
118:1-6, 8 & 9)

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.
O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.
To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.
To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.
To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth
for ever.
To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:
The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:
The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.  (Psalm
136:1-9)

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with
lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like
the eagle’s.
The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our
iniquities.
For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them
that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our
transgressions from us.
Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he
flourisheth.
For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall
know it no more.
But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that
fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children;
(Psalm 103:1-17)

Have a great Thanksgiving Day, everyone.