House Church Talk - writing about HC to folks in IC's

Bruce Woodford bwood4d at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:16:58 EDT 2003

Hi Cliff,

You wrote:"My main thoughts on what you wrote to your friend that when
describing hcs you were using a very limited example of what they are like.
"

Brother, I did not claim to be describing house churches in general, but
rather actual house churches with which we have been associated.

You wrote: "Some hcs do follow 1 Corinthains 14."

I am very interested in this statement!  Do you personally know of any where
all the regulations of I Cor 14:23-40 are followed?  If so, I'd really like
to hear about such. Can you describe the meetings and how each of the 12 or
13 regulations there are applied?  I believe that to do so is to fail to
make the distinctions which sxcripture does between whole church gatherings
in one place and many smaller house church gatherings in a city.

You also wrote:"The question about disgruntled people is interesting. When
people start going to a new ic is that question asked of them when they
come? When the protestant movement started was that a legitamate question to
ask people why they came?"

Very good question, brother!   I don't know of any gatherings (with which
the brother who wrote the question about disgruntled people is associated)
which ask such a question of people which come their way!

Thanks for your comments.

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce