House Church Talk - Whatcha singing lately?

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Wed Oct 15 13:01:23 EDT 2003

     Howdy,

We have a looseleaf binder with way more than a 100 pages of songs and
are thinking about getting copies of the "Celebration Hymnal." We usually
sing about 8-10 songs per get-together.

One family of home schoolers have had little exposure to contemporary
music and really enjoy the Christian "oldies." My own children, including
two teens, have become more self-conscious and don't participate with the
enthusiasm I hoped for. Here is where it gets dicey - if you try to hard
too hard to make them like certain kinds of music, they may reject it
altogether.

A bright spot: My oldest daughter is beginning to play her violin with
us. The difference between a violin and a fiddle, you ask. Answer: A
violin has a case.

"I Exalt Thee, I Exalt Thee" is on our list to learn. Anyone got the
chords?

    David Anderson