House Church Talk - How not to use the scripture

Tom Kline KLINE1 at webtv.net
Fri Oct 17 10:57:37 EDT 2003

Fellow talkers and doers of God's mighty Word,

   Just a few thoughts to go along with my latest ramblings on the
narrow view afforded us as believers.
   To begin with I would like to say everything I need to in a couple of
short concise paragraphs, anything more is probably useless chatter.
Having said that I will probably violate what I just said by the
following discourse.
   If we look at the volume of the book we have called Holy writ, as we
know it covers the earth's beginings until about a 4,000 year time frame
of recorded history in all that vast history we are only left with the
bare minimum of not even 1,500 pages to read about our species and how
they live in this system of things we find ourselves in.  Surely our God
does not waste words and He does not seem too shy about filling in more
details after the fact.  It is almost like we see the pretest and take
the exam of life and then He scores it.
   Unfortunately me in my fallen state take on the mat thew henry
approach to life with my fellow believer's and try to be the human
concordance to them, does pride really have to come before the fall?
Anyway what I really mean the scriptures are the sweetest words I ever
heard, along with what God is currently revealing by His Spirit in my
day to day walk.
   This wind bag is spent for now, I'll have to wait for my cue to take
up another diatribe another time, until then, your brother, tom.
   p.s.   I am currently on sabbatical having separated myself from the
home church we have been attending to sort a few things out, if the Lord
leads please remember my family in prayer.  This also means you'll have
to put up with much more of my incohursive monologs, I'll try to behave
myself and act like I'm in your living room and only speak as the Spirit
gives utterance.  What lofty ideals for this cracked clay vessel, I
expect the same from all of you.