House Church Talk - Practical HC Question....

George Howell housechurch at comcast.net
Sat Oct 18 09:17:23 EDT 2003

Dan wrote:
"I just cannot meet the many needs of believers at various stages
of growth that a full-orbed, growing spiritual community can"

Dan, I agree and don't think you are supposed too!

Sometimes out on the frontier as the pioneers were heading west they had
to do without the comforts of the "big city and back east" it was a
sacrifice they willingly made because of the promise the frontier gave
of a better life. People died, people got sick, people gave birth some
stopped at various places along the trail settled and built homes and
communities. But a few pushed on to the "Golden State" and realized the
"Promise." To those people went the reward of the "Gold." Once the
"Gold" was discovered in California it created a "Gold Rush" but mainly
it was to late for the ones who came after! Yes some found the "True
Gold" but many others found only "Fools Gold"

To all on this list:
We are almost there! I do not know how long the rest of the journey will
be but if we are to "strike True Gold" we cannot settle in and homestead
along the way! We must push over the great mountains and through the
deserts then we will enter into the land of promise. So get good nights
sleep gather around the campfire tonight remind each other of the
promises that lay ahead. Because tomorrow we begin again on this
journey. Those of you who need to stay here and settle we wish you
success and our prayers are with you. We will send cards from along the
trail and we will leave markers so you can find us if you ever decide
to.
Have a good nights sleep!
Tomorrow We Ride at Sunrise!

Love from "The Trail"