House Church Talk - Whatcha singing lately?

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Sun Oct 19 14:38:08 EDT 2003

    Hi all, hear the word of the Lord!

1 Cor. 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that NOT MANY wise men
after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

Not many is, however, better than NOT ANY. There are a few super stars in
every area of life who serve the Real King but most forget him as quickly
as the butler forgot about Joseph. (Genesis 40) Again, we do praise and
thank God for ones who employ their talents for the Kingdom - not that it
takes a star to validate the gospel message. Nor does it take a dramatic
Technicolor testimony to be used of God.

Well, let's draw a line to "house church." A house church apparently
centered around the First Family of Ceasar - which was about as high up
on the social latter as you could attain. Phil. 4:22  All the saints
salute you, chiefly they that are of Caesar¹s household.

Furthermore, an argument is often made against house churches as being
only an arrangement for times of persecution. The above text may have
some bearing on that question and suggests to me that not all Christians
were persecuted throughout the great Roman Empire. Many historians
concur. In other words, the persecutions were not universal. The argument
crumbles.

While we're on the subject of the rich and famous, keep your eyes open
for a Mel Gibson film about the death of Christ. M Luther and W
Wilberforce flicks are also in the works.

Finally, there is a person on the list who is an MP3 artist and whose son
is following her musical footsteps. He will be "in the studio" for the
next few weeks. Michael Murphy.

Would be interested in hearing from some other artsy people before this
thread fades.

       David Anderson

I'm on the road for a day or so and will anwer private email asap. Thanks.