House Church Talk - Practical HC Encouragments....

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Fri Oct 24 08:45:32 EDT 2003

Subject: Re: House Church Talk -  Practical HC Question....

> > Let's face it Dan, you and I are a peculiar people...
>
> Can I join? One sister told my wife yesterday that she is to passionate
> about the things God is showing her. My wife came and asked me if she
> should tone it down. My answer
>
> "You do not destroy the gates of hell with out passion."
> Cliff Silliman <cliffsilliman at juno.com>
> 1 Corinthians 14:15

Thanks Cliff for that reminder...

Essentially when I read Dan's examining post, I just wanted to encourage
him...

First, I was mindful that Dan cared - deeply cared...  And with the caring
comes the vulnerability, to hurt and disappointment...  Loving God, and
caring w/ concern for others, doesn't come w/out price.  The cost of being
misunderstood, even to those feelings taking on a form of mild rejection...

What parent among us, has Not faced this arising with one of his
self-centered and ungrateful children... ha!  God knows how to send the
message home, doesn't He!  O;>)   If we fail Dan, I want to stand along-side
ya, in wanting more for the child, than they want for themselves...  I was
not guilty of wanting them "to see" my vision imposed upon them...  No they
hadn't lived long enough to take that all in...  Their concerned field of
view was just adolescent, and it would take time and nose-bleeds (skinned
knees) before their horizons were enlarged...

Reflecting back, I still remember when I was 17, I thought Dad might have
just been the dumbest man I could have been placed with.  At 21, I was
amazed at how much he had learned in those 4 short years....  O;>)

Of course I use the natural family, to speak of the spiritual pictures...
our relationship and classroom experience w/ our Heavenly Father...  He is
indeed such a good teacher, especially to those that "desire" to be sons!
\O/  <non-gender sons>

When I read secular articles on the breakdown of the family...  There is no
doubt, those failure can be seen by the Spirit, in the spiritual family
also...  Divorces and walking away, selfish priorities, hurts, pains,
misunderstandings...  All are identifiable spiritually speaking...  a dual
reflection of these times?   Though I remain grateful He allows me to walk
it out...
---------

Hey brighter note, Dan...  Word has it that a "motley crew gathering" is
joining in Ohio soonest.  When you and Brenda break out the "git-fiddles" -
sign a word of Praise for us too...  \O/  and know that we are w/ ya in
heart!

JimP - kentucky

Rom 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or
distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As
it is written:

"For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved
us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor
principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor
height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us
from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
NKJV

Speaking of "passion", Cliff....  How could we possibly neglect such intense
Love, when He is so good towards us... O:>)