House Church Talk - Practical HC Question....

Scott Dowlen scottdowlen at cox.net
Fri Oct 24 10:14:05 EDT 2003

Me too! Me too!

Cliff, that is such good insight.  And is right in line with what God is
showing me these days.  I grew up with head religion, and He is stripping
that away.  King David was called a man after God's own heart, and the Lord
is showing me that he didn't get that way in his head.  We connect to God
heart to heart. We connect with others heart to heart. Passion, joy, love,
music, delight and such flow from our father down to us.

We do need law as a schoolmaster. We do need our minds renewed by the truth
in order to guide our hearts. But why have we killed our faith by making
_everything_ so flat and unemotional?

As I have opened up my heart, I have begun to experience my greatest desire:
to walk with God like Adam did before the fall; to be a friend of God like
Moses. And He is so good, so sweet, so loving!  Even his words of rebuke are
full of sweetness and love. I know I am His sheep because I do hear His
voice.  How can you not be passionate about that!

God is good!

Scott