House Church Talk - More details on the Missional Church Gathering in Cincinnati

Bob Bowen bob_bowen at fuse.net
Sun Oct 26 14:24:10 EST 2003

Hi JimP - footwasher in kentucky and other housechurch.org listers:

First, JimP....where are you in KY?  I am in northern Cincinnati.  We may be "neighbors".

As a prelude....I will definitely be attending since I am responsible for all logistics around this event.  Believe me, I WILL be there.

"Mayhem" is 2 day gathering of Missional Communities (aka House Churches).  I promise that it will be highly interactive.  There will me much time for conversation, networking, challenging, and prayer.

Brian McLaren will help lead the conversation.   Brian is a prominent voice on postmodern thinking and church growth. He is also the author of several books including More Ready Than You Realize and the revolutionary A New Kind of Christian.  Brian is a founding member of Emergent -- a generative friendship of missional leaders (www.emergentvillage.org).

Jim Henderson will also be there to lead the dialog. Jim is co-founder and Director of Off The Map.  Off The Map teaches do-able evangelism in a post-modern matrix.  Jim is an innovative thinker and passionately committed to normalizing evangelism for ordinary Christians.

People who are passionate about being connected in the emerging church. People who resonate with words like simple, organic, community, natural, missional, relationship and Kingdom  should attend.

Friday evening we will share a meal and worship together.  There will also be the first in a series of interactive conversations led by Brian McLaren.

Saturday will be more conversations including 6-8 round-table conversations.

This event is not meant to "take control" of anything.  It's an event designed to discuss issues, challenge out thoughts and provide resources thru networking for leaders of Missional Communities.

Wnat more details?  Let me know.

Bob Bowen
Denver Bronco Fan Since 1961
www.off-the-map.org