House Church Talk - 11th ANNUAL SOUTHERN HOUSE CHURCH CONFERENCE!

forwarded forwarded at housechurch.org
Tue Apr 6 13:21:41 EDT 2004

"The Church And The Work: Itinerant Church Ministries"

May 21-23, 2004 Southern Wesleyan University, Central, SC

Steve Atkerson, Les Buford, Dan Trotter, the New Testament Restoration
Foundation and The New Reformation Review website invite you to attend
our conference this year. As a result of the past ten Southern House
Church Conferences, we have been pleased to observe ministries started,
churches begun, and lasting friendships made. We know that many have been
helped along the way to radical obedience to the Lord in church affairs.
We hope that many will be encouraged, instructed, inspired, and edified
this year as well.

We will have six plenary speakers: Steve Atkerson , Dan Hubbel, Beresford
Job, Jonathan Lindvall, Dan Trotter and Jon Zens. The plenary sessions
will be focused on a theme this year, "Itinerant Church Ministries" or as
Watchman Nee might have said, "The Church & The Work". Our aim with this
conference is to examine the NT pattern for extra- local ministries such
as Apostolic Teams, the Ephesians 4 Giftings, the City-Church Concept,
Financing the Work, etc. We will still have break out workshops during
which speakers will present fundamental topics on the biblical home
church (Interactive Meetings, Consensus Governing, Full Meal Lord's
Suppers, Apostolic Tradition, Home Based & Living Room Sized Churches).

All of our session presenters are experienced teachers and speakers, and
have been chosen by the conference organizers to address a pre- selected
topic based on the interests and expertise of the speaker. We have
observed in them, either in person or via tape, newsletter, website, or
book, the following attributes: a Scriptural belief that the biblical
house church is the revealed will of God, a personal dedication to the
expansion of biblical house churches, an ability to teach and speak, an
ability to handle with grace and humor Christians from all parts of the
world with all sorts of theological backgrounds and all sorts of
temperaments. We also require that our speakers are actually practicing
house church. Our speakers are people from many different walks of life
with a common vision of Jesus Christ and Jesus' church. They're doing it,
not just talking about it.

So, it would be great to see you at Southern Wesleyan University in
Central, SC, starting Friday night, May 21, 2004. See the details at the
bottom of this page and SIGN UP! We would sure love to have you!

     WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

Cost: The conference itself is free! Lodging and meals cost $100 per
person (cheap). This includes lodging Friday and Saturday night, plus
three meals Saturday, and two meals Sunday. Housing is dormitory-style.
Linens are provided. Husbands and wives may share rooms, but there are no
double beds. Bathrooms are on different hallways segregated by sex.
Limited married student apartments are available to married couples on a
first-come, first-served basis. The accommodations are typical college
dormitories. However, if you prefer you may choose to stay in a motel.
Unfortunately, if you choose this option you will pay more and have less
fellowship. The $100 is all you will have to pay, unless you would like
to buy books from the conference book tables. See below about special
rates for children.

Mail your check to Les Buford: WE NEED YOU TO SEND IN YOUR REGISTRATION
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Southern Wesleyan University requires a firm count
within two weeks of the conference. SO WE NEED YOUR REGISTRATION EARLY.
YOU CAN REGISTER AFTER MAY 16, BUT THE COST AFTER FRIDAY, MAY 16 IS $110.
TO RESERVE YOUR ROOM, PLEASE SEND YOUR $100, WITH NAMES & ADDRESSES &
E-MAILS OF OTHERS YOU ARE PAYING FOR, TO OUR CONFERENCE MAESTRO:

LES BUFORD 351 CHALMERS MOUNTAIN RD. WALHALLA, SC 29691. Les' phone:
864-638-9306. Les' e-mail address: lbuford at innova.net

PLEASE MAKE YOUR CHECK OUT TO "SOUTHERN HOUSE CHURCH CONFERENCE." Upon
receipt of your check, Les will e-mail you confirmation of your registra-
tion. PLEASE NOTE: there will be no snail-mail confirmations of
registration, only e-mail confirmations. All the info you need for the
conference is on the web at www.ntrf.org.

free). (2) Just show up for the conference sessions (parking will be
available). This will cost you nothing, because the conference sessions
are free. You can get lodging elsewhere, and food elsewhere. (3) You may,
if you choose, purchase a meals-only plan with Southern Wesleyan
University. This meal plan is $35, which must be paid in advance to Les
Buford, so Southern Wesleyan can plan. In other words, the Southern
Wesleyan meals-only plan will not be available unless you prepay. Of
course, with option three, you must find your own lodging.)

What to Bring: Just yourself and your Bible. All else (sheets,
pillowcases, pillows, towels, washcloths, but not soap) will be provided
by Southern Wesleyan University.

Refunds: We promise to refund your check in full if you send a request IN
WRITING (e-mail is OK) to Les Buford at least two weeks before the
conference.

Children: Kids can come, but we have no access to nursery facilities.
Children 3-12 are half price, for children under 3 there is no charge.

Directions: The closest airport is Greenville, SC, about one hour's drive
from Central. The Atlanta airport is about two hours away, but airfares
to Atlanta will be cheaper than to Greenville. We are sorry that we can
not provide transportation from airports to Central. Rent a car! Maps and
directions may be printed from the conference website at www.ntrf.org.

Registration: Registration is Friday, May 21, 2004 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:30
p.m., at the Stuart Bennett dormitory. Stuart Bennett is the only
six-story building on campus. Registration will be at Stuart Bennet for
both single and married housing.

Check Out: Check out will be Sunday, May 23, from 1:00 to 3:00 at the
Stuart Bennett dormitory.

FURTHER INFO: Call Les Buford at 864-638-9306. His e-mail address is
lbuford AT innova.net.