House Church Talk - Re: the last recorded words of Jesus

flash flash at mbz.org
Thu Apr 8 13:43:26 EDT 2004

Mike wrote:
> "that is certainly no small task"  Amen, to that Sean, I would even go further and say, for
us it is an impossible task to accomplish, if it is us, then I would say it is only something
that will look good on the outside and last for a little while.  But, if we remain a prisoner
in the Lord, Eph 4:1 "I, therefore, the prisoner for the Lord", and if we walk worthily of THE
CALLING by which we were called, Eph 4:1 "...live worthily of the calling with which you have
been called", and if we keep the Unity of The Spirit in the Bond of Peace, Eph 4:3 "keep the
unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.", then we will express the fruit of The Spirit which
includes humility, gentleness, patience, love for one another, etc., etc.,Eph 4:2 "with all
humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,".  Praise the Lord,
He said "My Peace" I will give you.  Praise the Spirit of Jesus Christ, God is Spirit, nothing
is impossible in Christ Jesus, the Lord Spirit.

<SNIP>

> The Spirit of Grace to us all,
>
> Mike

I find these verses to speak against pride, and also to acknowledge what you say here Mike.  I
did not call myself into this creation, I cannot call myself out.  So, from thence I say God
has done all, and is doing all - in me, in you, and even in Ross ;-) with his
dispensationalism...

All knowledge, all decision, all life is of God which worketh in us.  Context being important
also, I find no other scripture that will defy these principles stated here in Phillipians.
This is why I cannot see thru to dispensations which clearly (seemingly) sez people are saved
by their works according to the law.

Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour is the sole authority in all things.  As we all learn, and
hope for when we see heaven with Jesus - this reality is what all of creation points to and is
the sole story of the gospel.

Php 2:12-13 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but
now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  For it is
God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Dan ChicagoArea