House Church Talk - Re: Baptisms and Administrations

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Fri Apr 9 12:40:14 EDT 2004

>That may leave only Paul's so-called pastoral epistles being directly
>relevant to us today. Having said that, it does not inhibit me the least bit
>in studying (not just reading) every word in the record and thuroughly
>enjoying, appreciating, and applying the truths and principles found
>therein.
>
>In Christ,
>
>Ross Purdy

Thank you, Ross, for the excellent Miles Coverdale quotation and for the
thought which you give to your messages. They serve, in part, to remind
us that there are those in our circle of the dispensational school of
interpretation.

I myself am not able to accept the premise that the pastoral epistles
alone are directly relevant. It is in one of them that we read about the
abiding relevance of all Scripture:

2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness:

  your brother in Jesus Christ,

      David Anderson