OFF TOPIC was Re: House Church Talk - Re: chat possibilities

Scott Dowlen scottdowlen at cox.net
Sat Apr 10 12:12:12 EDT 2004

Vanessa,

The problems do not stem from the presence or absence of money. They do not
stem from some innate evil in the US government or from some innate evil in
the people of the US that somehow doesn't exist in any other people in the
world.  Something in your view is distorted and you are vilifying money,
America, and Americans.  Rape, violence, and all kinds of evil lie in the
heart of every man woman and child - it is part of the sin nature.  Only the
indwelling presence of King Jesus can overpower that evil. Only his love can
wash away our guilt.  Guns, rules, and threats can only control behavior,
not change hearts.

America has been blessed with wealth and power, but just like Israel, we
have forgotten God in our prosperity. We've started believing that we
deserve it instead of receiving it as a gift in thankfulness.

Please adjust your thinking, because it appears to be creating a wall of
prejudice in your heart that is hurting you and alienating you from fellow
believers. It may also be opening you up to lies that only make sense with a
biased viewpoint. You are my precious sister, and I want you free from
anything that hinders your freedom in Christ.  I confess that I, too,
sometimes see things incorrectly, so I am not saying this to you without
also looking into my heart, too.

I send you love in the name of Christ.

Scott

<<<>>>