House Church Talk - agenda documentation

Tim Poole pooletim at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 01:22:06 EDT 2004

Claire,
       I was part of  an authoritarian movement in the 80's. I feel your
pain of abuse. I think everyone was passionate about what they believed and
I can remember some great times in the Lord. I also remember the control and
fear of authority that was instilled if anyone questioned the leaders. I
haven't seen the same control in the house church conferences. The thing
that bothers me is the taking of  non-essential doctrines and practices and
making them the foundation of who and why we are. I have seen those that are
proud of their laws and positions they take on non-essentials. This pride is
whats concerning to me. I think those that always seek to be right about
things rather than seek the living life of God will always be the people to
avoid. If their is no life giving Spirit in what we are doing, then let it
die. My question is, Are we in a place where the life of God is moving and
filling our being or we just looking to avoid the rules and abuses.
Spiritual pride can seduce anyone. I hope we can discern what God is doing
and throw ourselves into it, rather than rejecting something because it has
fallen people that seem to keep making mistakes. The last conference I went
to was a very good experience because their was such a vision imparted to
change the world rather than split hairs over non-esssentials. In Christ,
Tim