House Church Talk - agenda documentation

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Tue Apr 20 10:38:52 EDT 2004

Tim,

It was good to hear from you on the list today! I also appreciate your
understanding on the Sheparding movement and empathy for Claire and others
who have experienced problems there.

My experiences were no doubt mild compared to some of the stories I have
heard.

This part you wrote really struck me:

> My question is, Are we in a place where the life of God is moving and
> filling our being or we just looking to avoid the rules and abuses.
> Spiritual pride can seduce anyone. I hope we can discern what God is doing
> and throw ourselves into it, rather than rejecting something because it
has
> fallen people that seem to keep making mistakes. The last conference I
went
> to was a very good experience because their was such a vision imparted to
> change the world rather than split hairs over non-esssentials. In Christ,
> Tim

Once I put this question to a group of men in India: "Are we simply running
from sin, or are we running towards Christ?" It seems to me that in pursuing
Christ, our preoccupation with Him will naturally free us from the bondages
of sin, the world, the past and even harmful religious systems.

Paul wrote: "If we walk in the Spirit, we will not fulfill the lusts of the
flesh." and "This ONE THING I do, forgetting those things that are behind
me......I press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in
Christ Jesus."

I seem to be writing this to myself today. The last few years have brought
some very painful situations into my circle of family and friends. I know I
need to put them behind me and continue to follow Christ to where ever He
leads me.

This brings me to another favorite verse:
"I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be
compared to the glory that shall be revealed in us."

WOW!

Dan B.