House Church Talk - A warning from a brother in the Lord

Robert L. Moseley robertlm at gvtc.com
Thu Aug 5 18:47:55 EDT 2004

At 73 I am a bit older than most on this list but I'm still young in the
Lord...came in late at age 39 back in the early 70's.  There were and
probably still are a number of these aberrant groups around.  There were the
Children of God with Moses David (David Berg) in charge and ruling.  Perhaps
the Jim Jones thing that ended in the members taking a Kool Aid cocktail of
poison killing something just under 900 at their community in South America.
Then there was the group that was waiting for a space ship to pick them up
out in the west...they all committed suicide so they would be ready when the
space ship arrived.

Then there was the shepherding movement out of Atlanta...you lived in
commune style facilities and gave all your income to the Shepherd and from
the collections of all the members of his flock he took care of their needs
and did whatever with the residue.  To read of such movements still in
operation in "Christianity" is no real surprise.  There are some real cool
charismatic (no relation to the Charismatics) guys out there that can really
get up a crowd.  How about the Waco bunch under the tutelage of David
Koresh?  While they were done in by an overzealous FBI they were nonetheless
an aberrant group not teaching the orthodox truths of the Word..

And, it should be no surprise that we can expect there to be many more such
peoples before the Lord comes and takes us away from this froward world.
Just be sure that you study any group that you may feel "led" to join up
with...there are a lot of phonies out there waiting to take you in and just
simply take you!!!

>From the hills of Texas just outside of New Braunfels...come on down,
yawl...

Robert (Bob) Moseley

2 Corinthians 6:14-16......2 Corinthians 11:13-15

Satan is still alive and active on the planet Earth...watch out that you do
not fall for any of his evil tricks...