House Church Talk - Culting of the HC movement

His Servant His_Servant_4evr at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 02:42:57 EDT 2004

RJ,
Sounds like a "revival" I was sucked into in Missouri.  The pastor ( who
owned everything and had the accounts in a ministry name he controlled)
decided to up and move to Kansas City after one parishoner gave 50,000 for a
new building.  Many in the church followed him.  People have forsaken
family, jobs, retirement savings, & homes for this man.  If there Christian
family members question them they "shun" the family members.  The members
are required to be at ALL revival meetings and meetings are were held 6
nights a week at the time I was there.  If you wanted "time with your
family" you were told to bring them to church.  If you were going on
vacation you had to ask the pastoral staff.  You had to ask permission for
almost everything.  I was told when I applied for membership "you will be
closely watched to see if your sincere".
It's all very sad and it's called "revival"?

I know of a "messianic house church" in my area that also lived in one house
and gave all of there money to the pastor.  When I started questioning
things and talking to "family members" about spiritual abuse they suddenly
moved to Florida.

JC