House Church Talk - spiritual abuse

jim sutton goodword at bresnan.net
Mon Aug 9 13:17:57 EDT 2004

Phillip Cohen wrote:

> By the way, if your gospel doesn't work for you in everyday life--in your
> family and workplace--please don't try to teach it to someone else.
> You'll only add more confusion. First, go find the gospel that works in
> your own life.

Well, I don't know, Phil.  Some folks get some pretty interesting results from
a gospel that they've never tried.  If I recall correctly, the seven sons of
Sceva in Acts 19 got a most amazing response when proclaiming "the Jesus that
Paul preaches."

Of course, they may have been expecting something less disturbing.

Jim