House Church Talk - Anyone ever been to one of these?

His Servant His_Servant_4evr at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 00:54:08 EDT 2004

I have been.  I find it a little hard to pay for networking.  there are only 648 "home churchers" world wide.  I would say it needs a little work.  Maybe we should all sign up!  I like there description of "meetups"

What is a Meetup?
Meetups are local gatherings of a group of people brought together by a common interest. Real world, face-to-face, maybe over coffee or a beer. These are real life, real local communities, real groups of people.

Meetups happen in hundreds of cities around the world. At local cafés, bars, bowling alleys, donut shops, dog-friendly spots, and lots of other places. People vote on where their local Meetup will take place.

Most Meetups are weekday evenings or Saturdays. Meetups are on the same day and same time in every city, and happen once a month.

Meetup is a free service. Some people join choose to join MeetupPlus, for the ability to email other Meetup members directly, to add new venues to the venue voting ballot, and to help support Meetup.

Meetups are typically informal; it's peers talking to peers. Most Meetups do have volunteer hosts that help make things go smoothly, but think of it as a casual get-together, not an official meeting.

Who leads the Meetup?
Nobody. Meetups are informal; it's peers talking to peers. Most Meetups do have volunteer hosts that help make things go smoothly, but think of it as a casual get-together, not an official meeting.

Sounds like fun to me!!

JC