House Church Talk - holy places? a disappointed God?

Rick Smith rick.smith at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 16 23:01:59 EDT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:16:40 -0500, Paul Cox <paulcox2 at bellsouth.net>
wrote:

  Quote:
I am becoming a little annoyed by all the talk of Iraqi holy places like
Najaf and Karbala. Sneaky "Cleric" Moqtada al Sadr had been hanging out
in Najaf knowing that Coalition forces would not attack the sacred
places of Islam.

> Answer:
> How 'bout a holy parking lot?  We could paint a big circle on the spot
> where the "holy place" used to be.

Perhaps we just redefine holy in this instance - Bombs make big holies,
mortars and tanks make medium holies, and then machine guns and such make
lots of little holies.  We truly could make Najaf he world's holiest
place.  :)

Pray for our troops as they serve their country in this place.