House Church Talk - the injured bride

Jonathan Phillip Lindvall lindvall at boldchristianliving.com
Fri Aug 20 14:28:20 EDT 2004

> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:14:27 -0500
> From: DanG <dan.dgordon at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: House Church Talk -  the injured bride
>
> Mike Sangrey wrote:
> >
> > Isn't she the most beautiful bride you've ever seen?
> >
> > Mike Sangrey
>
> As happens waaay too often for my comfort - I posted a naaay to your
> post last night, Mike, and then this morning here is what I read in
> 2Cor11:2
> Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed
> bear with me.  For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I
> have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste
> virgin to Christ.
>
> Ah well, so much for some of the sentiments of my previous post.
> And praying for Miriam in labor this a.m. also...
> DanG ChicagoArea

Hi Dan. I'm really blessed by your open-heartedness in sharing this,
although I also agreed with your previous post. Jesus is jealous for the
purity of His bride, and in the passage you noted, Paul set an example for
us all to be similarly jealous.

We are already clean in His eyes, but may we acknowledge our need for
continuing cleansing (sanctification) experientially. We are already a
pleasure to our Bridegroom, but there is so much more that He will find
pleasure in, as we yield to His "washing of water by the word" (Eph. 5:26).

Love,

Jonathan

--
You can subscribe to the free Bold Christian Living E-mail Newsletter by
sending a post to <boldchristianliv-subscribe at welovegod.org>.

God bless you.

Jonathan Lindvall                    Lindvall at BoldChristianLiving.com
Bold Christian Living              http://www.BoldChristianLiving.com

PO Box 820                                         Voice 559-539-0500
Springville CA 93265                               Fax   559-539-0804

...He who has begun a good work in you will complete it...  Phil. 1:6