House Church Talk - election day

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Mon Aug 23 09:36:41 EDT 2004

Tim,

I laughed out loud when I read your original post, and again when you asked
if anyone laughed anymore.

Somewhat relating to laughter, I have been concerned lately about the lack
of the joy of the Lord in Christian circles. You know that I am somewhat
serious person myself. Many of us have serious concerns for our families,
loved ones, and the world in general.

But it is written of Jesus that He was annointed with the oil of joy above
that of His brethren. His joy did not interfere with His compassion, but I
get the impression that it aided in the healing of the suffering and pain of
those around Him.

That is my desire, to spread hope and joy where ever there is sadness and
dispair. Sometimes I need a healing myself before that can happen.

Dan Beaty