House Church Talk - Enjoy or destroy?

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Tue Aug 24 07:45:10 EDT 2004

God gave us everything to enjoy. Evil changes enjoy to "destroy." The
very things that were meant to be
enjoyed can turn and destroy us. Relationships. Possessions. Our
occupation. Our talents. Our values. Our ministry. Our convictions.

Enjoy or destroy: it's all a state of mind. If we free our hearts from
greed, we can choose to be thankful for life and all the things we have,
including our problems, because wherever there is a problem, there is a
solution, and we're not looking for problems (they find us!).

So choose to enjoy the journey to your goals, because you may die before
reaching those goals. And God is often more interested in the journey
than the destination anyway. Enjoy all the people in your life, because
they're all you have. And enjoy the process of working through problems,
because problems lead to solutions, and joy is found in watching our
Christlike character grow as we dig for the hidden answers.

Do this and you'll sleep better tonight.

Phillip Cohen
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
In quietness and confidence is my strength. Isaiah 30:15