House Church Talk - death in the posts -- I mean pots...

Rick Johnson rebelfire at juno.com
Sun Aug 29 17:01:22 EDT 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 08:19:43 -0600 "jim sutton" <goodword at bresnan.net>
writes:
> This story ends ends with Elisha throwing some flour into the post.
> I wonder   if the flour is related in some way to the Bread of Life?
Wasn't
> flour used   for something in the sacrifices?
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this?
>
> Jim

Lev 2:1 "'When anyone offers an offering of a meal offering to the LORD,
his offering shall be of fine flour; and he shall pour oil on it, and put
frankincense on it.
Lev 5:11 "'But if he can't afford two turtledoves, or two young pigeons,
then he shall bring his offering for that in which he has sinned, the
tenth part of an efah of fine flour for a sin offering. He shall put no
oil on it, neither shall he put any frankincense on it, for it is a sin
offering.