House Church Talk - Wholly, Wholly, Wholly: Calvinists and conga drums

Klpgr5 at aol.com Klpgr5 at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 11:33:55 EST 2004

Hi All,

Though I will to receive the slightest touch from the Lord Jesus in any type
of orchestrated worship service, that touch is fleeting.  Conga drums, choirs,
solos, guitars, praise leaders, whatever, I prefer to have Jesus and be
consumed by the fire of His Holy Spirit, and this is possible in any surrounding,
(in some rare worship gatherings as well!) and has an enduring power to free.

Let us affirm that the power is the Lord's, and not our own making!

No matter what we do, or who we are, what others do, or who they are,

WHO is HE?

and WHAT IS HE DOING?

WHAT HAS HE COMMANDED US TO DO?

Since we (most Christians) accept our inability to follow His example and
word (commands,)

HOW CAN WE BE EMPOWERED TO DO WHAT HE COMMANDS?

Deb (in the tundra where power is essential to life in surviving the wintry
blast!)