House Church Talk - What is it?

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Tue Feb 10 10:36:57 EST 2004

> The Lord has a wonderful Present for us.
>
> Can anyone tell us what it is?
>
> Running to Him,
> Phillip & Mary Cohen
------------------

His presence in the present!

He is the gift of God!

... just thinking...  not the was and/or the gonna be...  but today...  He
remains the I AM...

---------------

As for the thread exploring the 70AD return, w/ the destruction of the
Temple and all religious formatted rituals...  I thought that was done on
the day of Pentecost.  When the single flame of fire was broken for us, into
individual allotments, and instead of a physical nation (as a whole) was led
and guided - a new nation, a "holy priesthood" would immerge for those w/
eyes and ears...  being led of the Holy Spirit (Who remains fully God) as He
takes up residency and occupation of His /family-nation/kingdom ....

I do not detest the exploration of the 70AD events, and what they might
mean ---> as long as they don't supercede, by looking past the monumental
event of Christ's return, as He foretold His friends:

John 14:19-20
19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me.
Because I live, you also will live.
NIV

John 16:16-20

16 "In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while
you will see me."

17 Some of his disciples said to one another, "What does he mean by saying,
'In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while
you will see me,' and 'Because I am going to the Father'?" 18 They kept
asking, "What does he mean by 'a little while'? We don't understand what he
is saying."

19 Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them,
"Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, 'In a little while you
will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me'?
NIV

Phillip, as you ask about God's present (gift) - I am reminded of the last
instructions of our Lord Jesus, when He was readying to depart physically...
wait for *the Promise (gift) of the Father*...

Much could be said - but I trust we all might realize - this Gift - this
singular Promise is whereby we receive all of the manifold promises...

JimP - kentucky