[House Church Talk] Some verses to think about...

Scott Dowlen scottdowlen at cox.net
Thu Jan 1 12:07:18 EST 2004

Hi, Mike and Bob!

I agree completely.  I like the Message for its way of putting things in
common language with real feeling. But you are right, I wouldn't use it as
the foundational tool to fully understand the scripture.  I like the fact
that many printings of The Message don't put in the verse numbers, you just
get a nice flow and the meaning seems to come through loud and clear.  It
makes the Proverbs (and everything else) really down-to-earth for those who
don't speak old KJ English.

If you want to get a copy (for free!!!), it is one of the translations
available on e-sword.  Visit www.e-sword.net and download the main e-sword
setup which includes the KJV, then go to the translations page and have a
field day getting all the other versions.

Scott

house church eldership servanthood lord's day lord's supper world missions