House Church Talk - Re: Bono - social justice

flash flash at mbz.org
Thu Jan 8 12:52:37 EST 2004

I dunno what good men's words such as Bono may have, but I find these words REALLY impressive
from the Word of God.

Particularly, we were talking about china wages of $0.40 per hour.  They aren't complaining
about the wage, but somehow the part about keeping back wages is an eye opener.

Hope more are like Bono and do decent stuff, but perhaps there needs to be attention paid less
to how we will retire and what nest eggs we gather and more attention to real needs that we can
supply today.  It ain't all about money.  I don't care who says we need to do best so we can
garner wages to pay for needs.  We need to do best because that is what our God and Father
does.  Out of nowhere, the manna came and the doves.  That is an awesome supply.
Dan ChicagoArea

Jas 5:1-8
Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.  Your riches
are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.  Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust
of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have
heaped treasure together for the last days.  Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped
down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have
reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.  Ye have lived in pleasure on the
earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.  Ye have
condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.  Be patient therefore, brethren,
unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the
earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.  Be ye also
patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.