House Church Talk - negativity and the undecided

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Sun Jan 18 09:49:15 EST 2004

     HI all,

I see that Presidential hopefuls Howard Dean and Richard Gephardt are now
(Saturday) ceasing with negative ads in the Iowa Caucus. Such ads are
said to "turn off the undecided."

I see a possible parallel with us who have some beliefs that others find
so offensive. We do need to be bold and confrontational, we just don't
have to knock our opponents down at every possible occasion. Imo.

God, enable us to be as wise as serpents and harmless as doves. Why? For
the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt
to teach, patient. 2 Tim. 2:24

     David Anderson