House Church Talk - Pattern or simply an adaptation?

Glenn Frank glennfrank at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 23 10:40:08 EST 2004

Thanks Bruce,

I agree with all your assessments of the things we are told and the things
we are not told about in regard to church practice... But although these are
all interesting observations on the man-made things that have been
institutionalized into the church, they seem to prove a negative.

I mean, you just say there is more scripture talking about the church
meeting in homes to do the one-anothers than for any other man-made practice
in the church, and I agree...

But I don't know if that answers the question of whether the concept of
meeting in homes and 'doing church' in a house church manner was a PATTERN
and a PRINCIPLE to follow for all generations, or if it was simply the way
that the church was being PRACTICAL to ADAPT to the needs of their
generation and their culture. (and the persecution they faced as apposed to
the relative religious freedom we have in the USA today).

Any thoughts on that angle?

Thanks for the input... I will think about and use the examples you sent!!!

Glenn