House Church Talk - Baptising with water

R.L. Johnson rjohnson at wise.k12.va.us
Wed Jan 28 09:47:51 EST 2004

Acts 8:36 - And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water:
and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

 Acts 8:38 - And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down
both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

 Acts 8:39 - And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the
Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his
way rejoicing.

It seems to me the water and the Spirit of the Lord are two different
things.  This is not to say the eunuch was not baptized in the Spirit.
However, it does show an example of water being the medium used to Baptize.

RJ